Chad Fowler Introduction
Chad Fowler’s intro: wants to set the focus of the community. Specifically he wants to reduce the arrogance. Using the pragmatic guidebook as an example, they raised of $12,000 dollars for charity yesterday. You can donate here.
The biggest success of rails is that the community has an impact on the way that people think beyond the actual adoption. Do we want the world to say “look at those arrogant shitheads, or look at those people who are really changing the world?” You can change the world with rails. We’ve got power, we’ve got passion, and we’re really friggin smart (that’s why we’re arrogant) so lets do something with it instead of just pissing people off.
Now he plays the Eukalele while DHH is introduced.
More Articles on Software & Product Development
- Agile With a Lowercase “a”
- ”Agile“ is an adjective. It is not a noun. It isn’t something you do, it is something you are.
- How Do You End Up With A Great Product A Year From Now?
- Nail the next two weeks. 26 times in a row.
- Build it Twice
- Resist the urge to abstract until you've learned what is general to a class of problems and what is specific to each problem.