Steven Smith Keynote: "Enterprise" is not a four letter word
Steven Smith of FiveRuns
Is Rails ready for the Enterprise?
Is the Enterprise ready for Rails?
Rails is becoming the certer of an evolving exosystem. Example, last year there was no exhibit hall. This year the conference has tripled in size and there are a fair amount of companies in the exhibit hall.
He’s talking about quotes from various magazines, uptake indicators (1 mil downloads, 700,000 in the last year) Big name companies using rails.
Notable tools built with rails: 37signals, 43things, jobster, Revolution Health.
He argues that Enterprise isn’t a four letter word because it is a validation of the adoption of rails.
Ever popular monty python killer rabbit sketch. Rails being the rabbit, knights being the enterprise / enterprise web frameworks.
More Articles on Software & Product Development
- Agile With a Lowercase “a”
- ”Agile“ is an adjective. It is not a noun. It isn’t something you do, it is something you are.
- How Do You End Up With A Great Product A Year From Now?
- Nail the next two weeks. 26 times in a row.
- Build it Twice
- Resist the urge to abstract until you've learned what is general to a class of problems and what is specific to each problem.