Mephisto: Can't Respond to Comments on Your Own Blog
Up until today I had been unable to comment on my blog. For a while I thought that akismet was filtering them as spam for some reason, but today I realized that spam comments would show up as requiring approval. My comments were simply disappearing into the ether, never to be heard from again.
Symptoms: Other people can leave comments on your blog, but if you attempt to comment nothing shows up.
Fix: The fix is to turn
DisplaySlashes Off in your Apache configuration.
Detailed instructions are available, but it took me much more time than it should of to find them.
More Articles on Software & Product Development
- Agile With a Lowercase “a”
- ”Agile“ is an adjective. It is not a noun. It isn’t something you do, it is something you are.
- How Do You End Up With A Great Product A Year From Now?
- Nail the next two weeks. 26 times in a row.
- Build it Twice
- Resist the urge to abstract until you've learned what is general to a class of problems and what is specific to each problem.