Two Small OSX Settings Changes that Make Me Much Happier
RAM-only hibernate mode
~> pmset -g | grep hibernatemode
~> sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0
~> pmset -g | grep hibernatemode hibernatemode 3 ~> sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0
This means that sleep and wake are instantaneous. The downside is that if I completely run out of power I'll lose anything that isn't saved. I have a bit of a tick about constantly saving things, so this doesn't really worry me.
~> defaults write com.apple.dashboard mcx-disabled -boolean YES ~> killall Dock
Dashboard wasn't really a problem for me on Snow Leopard but while using full screen mode in Mountain Lion I keep ending up on it accidentally. Also, the only thing I used it for was the calculator which I now do with Alfred.
More Articles on Software & Product Development
- Agile With a Lowercase “a”
- ”Agile“ is an adjective. It is not a noun. It isn’t something you do, it is something you are.
- How Do You End Up With A Great Product A Year From Now?
- Nail the next two weeks. 26 times in a row.
- Build it Twice
- Resist the urge to abstract until you've learned what is general to a class of problems and what is specific to each problem.