Freezing to Rails 2.0.4
One of our applications is still running Rails 2.0. I’m planning to upgrade to 2.1 soon, but in the meantime I wanted to upgrade to 2.0.4 to get the patch for the REXML DoS vulnerability. We freeze our version of Rails (and so should you) but I couldn’t freeze in the normal way:rake rails:freeze:edge
This resulted in a message that the release was not found so it checked out the head instead.
I managed to freeze by running the following two commands:sudo gem install rails —version 2.0.4 rake environment VERSION=2.0.4 rails:freeze:gems
More Articles on Software & Product Development
- Agile With a Lowercase “a”
- ”Agile“ is an adjective. It is not a noun. It isn’t something you do, it is something you are.
- How Do You End Up With A Great Product A Year From Now?
- Nail the next two weeks. 26 times in a row.
- Build it Twice
- Resist the urge to abstract until you've learned what is general to a class of problems and what is specific to each problem.