I'm on Linked In
I finally finished setting up my LinkedIn profile this morning. I haven't seen that many people who I know with accounts, so if you know me let's connect.
I'd been meaning to join forever, but only bunkered down and took the plunge after listening to a very impressive speech that their CEO, Reid Hoffman gave at Stanford School of Engineering. (podcast)
If you're unfamiliar, LinkedIn is a professional social network. Basically think facebook for grownups. So instead of having a profile with a bunch of your favorite movies and drunken pictures of your friends you have an online resume. You can make connections with past colleagues, and get recommendations from people you know. Furthermore, there is a pretty good job listing and search capability built in. Guy Kawasaki has a good posting of 10 Ways to Use LinkedIn.
More Articles on Software & Product Development
- Agile With a Lowercase “a”
- ”Agile“ is an adjective. It is not a noun. It isn’t something you do, it is something you are.
- How Do You End Up With A Great Product A Year From Now?
- Nail the next two weeks. 26 times in a row.
- Build it Twice
- Resist the urge to abstract until you've learned what is general to a class of problems and what is specific to each problem.