script.aculo.us Inside Out
The talk is about getting an understanding of what is going on under the hood in script.aculo.us so that you can create your own effects.
Some of the best documentation ever.
document.getElementById("element_id') is really clunky.
Prototype gives us
$('element_id') much cleaner.
Parts of prototype tha
- Enumerables - ruby style enumerables instead of c style iterations.
- Object creation - prototype gives similar to ruby. define aninitialize method that is called on new.
- Option parsing - pass core
A bunch of various DOM utilities that make changing code much easier.
The Animation Engine
- time based - given start time and finish time in relation to the browser’s gettime()
- core effects- instantiated as an object as itself. eg. new Effect.Move
- combo effects - eg. Effect.Fade, combines other effects into one.
The power stip just crapped out, my battery is dying, and this is pretty in depth code and requires some serious concentration to follow. So no more notes.
More Articles on Software & Product Development
- Agile With a Lowercase “a”
- ”Agile“ is an adjective. It is not a noun. It isn’t something you do, it is something you are.
- How Do You End Up With A Great Product A Year From Now?
- Nail the next two weeks. 26 times in a row.
- Build it Twice
- Resist the urge to abstract until you've learned what is general to a class of problems and what is specific to each problem.