Error - rake ultrasphinx:configure
A new Web Designer I work with was running into an error when attempting to configure ultrasphinx for his local Rails development environment.
<code> rake ultrasphinx:configure rake aborted! Anonymous modules have no name to be referenced by /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.0.2/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:402:in `to_constant_name' /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.0.2/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:214:in `qualified_name_for' /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.0.2/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:477:in `const_missing' /home/deploy/apps/stylespotted/releases/20080131024018/vendor/plugins/ultrasphinx/lib/ultrasphinx/configure.rb:33:in `load_constants' </code>
I was baffled for this for a few days. We finally figured it out this afternoon.
He is a UI developer, and new to Rails, so hadn’t created his DB. The fix was simple:
<code> rake db:create rake db:migrate rake ultrasphinx:configure </code>
And he had a working development.conf for Ultrasphinx
More Articles on Software & Product Development
- Agile With a Lowercase “a”
- ”Agile“ is an adjective. It is not a noun. It isn’t something you do, it is something you are.
- How Do You End Up With A Great Product A Year From Now?
- Nail the next two weeks. 26 times in a row.
- Build it Twice
- Resist the urge to abstract until you've learned what is general to a class of problems and what is specific to each problem.