What is a "valid" character?
If you’re going to limit the characters that can be used in a password, don’t make your users guess what characters are “valid.”
I was particulalry amused that the “%” character simultaneously fulfills the “1 symbol or number” requirement and violates the “valid characters” requirement.
More Articles on Software & Product Development
- Agile With a Lowercase “a”
- ”Agile“ is an adjective. It is not a noun. It isn’t something you do, it is something you are.
- How Do You End Up With A Great Product A Year From Now?
- Nail the next two weeks. 26 times in a row.
- Build it Twice
- Resist the urge to abstract until you've learned what is general to a class of problems and what is specific to each problem.