May 6, 2017
Managing Unmanageable Complexity
I recently spoke at RailsConf about one of the worst bugs I’ve ever been involved with, aviation, surgery, and how checklists can help us to deploy higher quality software, faster, and with less stress.
- My original slides are available for download.
- I’ve created a printable version of the checklists for software development I discussed.
- I was inspired by Atul Gawande’s New Yorker article “A Life Saving Checklist” and his later book “The Checklist Manifesto”
More Articles on Software & Product Development
- Agile With a Lowercase “a”
- ”Agile“ is an adjective. It is not a noun. It isn’t something you do, it is something you are.
- How Do You End Up With A Great Product A Year From Now?
- Nail the next two weeks. 26 times in a row.
- Build it Twice
- Resist the urge to abstract until you've learned what is general to a class of problems and what is specific to each problem.